KA Sail KONCEPT Overview
Koncept holds the fastest ever 5X10 second recorded speed for a production sail, beating the previous best time which was also held by a Koncept. A record to be very proud of, which of course we are, but we have not become complacent. Our belief is that every sail can be improved and that is what we constantly strive for. In fact the Koncept has just gone through its most rigorous development program since its inception.
The noticeably lower aspect outline results in a more balanced foil. A constant, yet extremely refined power dynamic, is built into the sails. Any tendancy to oversheet and stall has been eliminated. The seam shaping has again been “micro tuned” to optimise power and minimise drag.
The Koncept retains all of its much loved features, like the simple 3 camber set up, slightly narrower luff sleeve, 7 batten layout and the super light and easy character. However you will immeadiately recognize the added acceleration and superior performance at tighter sailing angles, all of this without sacrificing any of Koncepts much applauded downwind speed.
- This legendary Speed/Slalom sail is now better than ever.
- Noticeable change to the plan form with the sail becoming more compact.
- More sail area down in the â€œpower zoneâ€ improves both bottom end power and acceleration.
- Slightly less sail area in the head reduces drag.
- Slightly longer boom lengths provide more backhand feel, especially in the smaller sizes. This reduces the risk of oversheeting and stalling.
- Some overall weight reduction and reduced swing weight has been achieved through material selection.
- Stunning new graphic design.
KA Sail KONCEPT Specifications